Lasik Eye surgery

A blog about my Lasik eye surgery

Wednesday, June 21, 2006

Wobbles

I spend lots of time yesterday reading up on other blogs of people's experiences and comments posted in response. Lots of warnings and dire predictions and horror stories (from comments not blogs). By the end of the day I was starting to reconsider the whole thing, the scary warnings really are scary and as someone with bad myopia the whole fear of going blind thing is pretty much inate already.
During the evening I calmed down a bit and reassessed what I had been reading. Most of the stuff is actually positive and the tales of horror from people who've actually had the surgery done (rather than the people who know someone .....) are very very low. I've reread the risks information and also looked specifically for comments from people in New Zealand (as opposed to America where it seems that anyone is allowed to practice Lasik) and in particular for my surgeon. No reports of ongoing problems to be found there. Ok, so I'm feeling a bit better about it again. Of course I know there are risks, but then there are risks with wearing contact lenses - I've already had two incidences of blood vessel growth into the eyes which has forced me to abandon contacts for a while and then severely reduce wear time - I remind myself that this is why I considered Lasik in the first place.
In the meantime my contact lenses are driving me crazy at the moment - vision in my left eye is rubbish - even though the lens is only 3 weeks old and should have another week of life in it, I just can't get the darn thing clean. May resort to swapping the lenses over tomorrow just to give my left eye a rest! (The advantage of having symmetric eyes).

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home