Lasik Eye surgery

A blog about my Lasik eye surgery

Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Pre-Enhancement Check-Up

Had my check-up this morning prior to enhancement tomorrow. Can't believe it's come around so soon - at least I haven't had the anxiety I had before my first op (probably because I've been on holiday for the past two weeks!!!). All is well and ready to go for the op. The procedure is slightly different as they don't have to cut a flap this time, they use the original flaps and just have to loosen the edges (apparently this is not as unpleasant as the cutting flap procedure which was pretty much the worst part first time round). Also when they have finished they put a bandage contact lens on the eye this time as it can be more uncomfortable afterwards than the first procedure. Apart from that the overall risks are less (as mostly they are connected with flap cutting) apart from that cell-ingrowth under the flap - which is about 1 in 2000 and would require a re-lifting of the flap again to kill of those cells. So I'm ready to go and looking forward to being able to see propertly for Xmas. Pretty optimistic that all will go well and given how small the correction is this time round hopefully there will be little or no regression. Will report back on Friday all being well.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home